Webb Deep-Sky Society Publications
The Webb Deep-Sky Society has a wide range of publications including our Journal, The Deep-Sky Observer (DSO), observing guides and charts.
Due to our international nature, we maintain different price lists for our three main regions.
The Deep Sky Observer (DSO)
Profusely illustrated, The Deep-Sky Observer is the consolidated publication of what was formerly the Quarterly Journal and the Deep-Sky Observer.
Printed on art paper, its magazine format encourages all amateurs to make a contribution to the Society's work. The Deep-Sky Observer is now published quarterly.
Publications on CD-ROM
We offer a several collections of images and a series of historical documents of interest to the deep-sky observer on CD-ROM.
- The Hubble Collection: 1,000 of the finest Astronomical Images.
- The Image Collection 2008 DVD.
- A Visual Guide to the Small Magellanic Cloud.
Historical documents and sketches
- Lord Rosse's Observations of the Nebulae.
- Webb's Celestial Objects for Common Telescopes 1st Edition and W Lassell's Drawings of the Nebulae.
- John Hershel's Astronomical Observations from the Cape and other papers.
Any of these may be purchased using the correct order form for your region.
Handbooks and Observing Guides
The Webb Society has a long tradition of producing high quality guides and handbooks aimed at the practical deep-sky observer.
The Book Review Index
We have reviewed many books in the Quarterly Journal and then in the Deep-Sky Observer. You can download a copy of our book review index covering the years 1968 to 2014 as a PDF.